Spain - Part 1 - Eve 1

First of all guys, maybe you noticed that we did not post last week. I had a little detox from blogging and Instagramming and so I decided that it's better not to post than to post some bullshit post that I would have typed in half an hour. We've been working (too much!) and struggling to find time for something else than sleeping. Now it's got a bit better, so here we are, let's see what we did in 

Valencia


Useful tip: if you are not a fan of burning from inside out or feeling like you've been set on fire, do not visit Valencia during the summer. It was 33 degrees when we arrived - which was at 7pm. 


Now, that you know the most important thing, we can move to other important things :). No itinerary post this time as we planned to stay in Valencia (we made just one little trip, you'll see). So, without further ado:
AFTER WE ARRIVED:
It all started with a bottle of Spanish Rioja with a side of Jamon Iberico - courtesy of my amazing boyfriend. So I unpacked, we kicked our feet up and enjoyed our Spanish favourites. After a while, we reckoned we could go outside :D After all, we were there to explore ;)
From the taxi, I saw that there was some kind of a fair taking place just a few steps from the hotel. We thought this could have been fun so we went exploring. First thing I saw on our way to the fiesta was the flower bridge (all over TripAdvisor) that I wanted to see. Perfect! It was the famous and not-to-be-missed golden hour and the pictures Telchac took are so good that I would post them asap if I was into posting my photos. 


After that, we checked out the rides but as we ate just before going, we thought it wouldn't have been such a good idea :D. We (meaning Telchac) tried to win some furry fluffy animal for me but we learned he is much more skilful in other areas of life :D and nevertheless, I couldn't take it on board when flying home so all was good. 
Btw the fair was Fira de Juliol if you're interested and it's definitely something to see if you're there. The program includes concerts, street parties, fireworks and theatre taking place all over the city. We just saw this one but the atmosphere was amazing! 


Then we decided to go for a stroll through Valencia's amazing city park. As always, I was confused about our direction and kept going since I thought we could get to the beach. I imagined sitting at the beach & listening to the waves in the moonlight. After almost an hour I shyly asked Telchac if this was the direction to the beach. Well, it wasn't :D So we went back - which took another hour - mission not completed. Do you know why this wasn't a waste of time? We could really see that everything "woke up" after the sun set down - and I don't blame them at all. In Valencia, same as elsewhere where it's so hot, the "life" starts after dusk. 
If you want to read about Telchac's surprise and our first day, come back next week! CU there (and then)!